Monday, November 17, 2008

Jokers May Not Appear Humorous To All

People suffering from Coulrophobia are frightened of clowns as any one would frighten of a ghost.

Actually there were days when comedians of movies and TV soaps were compared with clowns. But I don’t see much circus business going these days. I rarely have a chance to look at funny faces of clowns these days except in those replays of Batman movies or some silly TV programs. It is this recent Halloween where I came across a clown after so many days.

The main reason for Coulrophobia is because that clown’s have started exceeding limits mostly around 1990s. They would do all those acts that would embrace a person rather than give some fun. I still remember how I used to hate clowns with their heavy makeup, their silly big round nose and especially their stupid red wig. My hate turned to fear when I was confronted with clown once. God! That was awful experience.

Well I slowly overcame my fear with my age. I had to work a lot to avoid my fear turning to phobia. I visited many circus shows, shake-handed with clowns, and I never used to miss any TV program featuring a clown.

No comments: