Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Renting and Leasing Apartment Tips

I want to share some tips on renting an apartment for you to make move-in. I have read some literature when I was moved to one of the beautiful apartments in Philadelphia. I point out some of the simple and short tips for you. These tips will make your search and leasing easy.

When renting an apartment, consider the following:
  • How far away is the apartment from my work, school, etc?
  • Is their off-street parking available for me?
  • What is included with the rent (i.e. heat, water, electricity, gas)?
  • Ask the landlord what the average utility bills have been in his/her building.
  • Are there laundry facilities in the building or close to the apartment?
  • Is the apartment air-conditioned? Carpeted?
  • How close am I to a grocery store?
Before you step into your apartment you are to sign a lease for a specific length of time. Before you sign the lease, read the agreement document carefully. Make sure the following items are correct on the lease:
  • The date on which the leasing effect starts
  • The expiration date on from which the lease will loose its effect
  • The correct rental price
  • Information about the return of your security deposit
  • Reasons on how your leased agreement can be terminated
  • What if you are moving out of from apartment before the expiration date

No comments: